Bhogwe beach in Konkan is a scenic seashore near Malvan taluka of Sindhudurg district. It is also popular as a dolphin sighting spot amidst tourists!
Best Time To Visit: You can visit this place all year round but avoid it during a period of high tides.
Location Address: Bhogave beach, 22 km south of Malvan, Maharashtra (India) – 416 523.
Bhogwe Beach Information
Bhogave beach is a beautiful seashore in the region of Nivati fort. This beach is 22 km south of Malvan and 29 km away from Tarkarli. It is counted among the most beautiful beaches on Konkan coast. The beach is situated at the confluence of the point of Karli River and the Arabian Sea. This beach is blessed with amazing blue water, splashing waves, silver sand &lush green coconut tree lining. Bhogave beach is a truly beautiful and serene beach on the Konkan coast.
It is one of the popular Dolphin spotting sites in Maharashtra. In the winter season, Dolphins are spotted near Bhogwe beach which makes this destination famous among tourists. A large number of fishes are available near the confluence of Karli river & Arabian sea so naturally, Dolphins come here in a large number in the search of food. Bhogave beach is an absolute treat for nature lovers.
This beach became famous in 1990’s and since then it has emerged as a popular tourist spot. It is a great place to get relaxed as the beach environment remains peaceful & ambient!
Bhogwe Attractions / Things To Do
- Boating: Tourists can take a boat ride inside the sea to explore seacoast. Various boat owners offer sea rides to the people visiting Bhogwe beach in Konkan.
- Fishing: On request, local people take you to the sea fishing. Going inside a deep sea for fishing gives a mind-blowing experience. Rampani fishing is an interesting type of fishing at Bhogwe in which fishing net is controlled from the shore itself. It is a very exciting activity to look for!
- Dolphin Rides: This is one of the main highlights of Bhogave beach. A lot of people come here just to enjoy Dolphin rides!
- Birdwatching: Few species of beautiful local as well as migratory birds are found on this beach. So if you are a bird lover then you may spend some time watching birds on the beach.
- Swimming: There are several rock undulations near Bhogwe beach so be careful while swimming at the beach.
- Bhogwe Backwaters: Tourists can enjoy rare backwaters at the Bhogwe. A backwater stretch of 5 km length adds more beauty to the Bhogwe. This backwater runs parallel to the rural village and rice fields. You can see the life of villagers and paddy fields while cruising through Bhogwe backwaters!
This beach lies on the Malvan to Vengurla Sea route (Sagari Mahamarg). The stretch of beach continues until the north end of Nivati fort. The water of this beach is clear and has visibility of 6 to 8 feets below top water level. You can get a great panoramic sight of the Karli River Estuary from the Bhogwe beach. Dolphins can also be seen jumping around this lagoon!
IMPORTANT TOURISTS INFORMATION
Time Required: 2 days are sufficient to enjoy all activities at the beach.
Bhogwe Beach Resorts / Hotels / Homestays
Some hotels offer decent accommodation nearby the Bhogave beach. Various resorts are also available in the stretch between Bhogwe and Vengurla. Hotels like Aditya Ecovillage, Samant Beach Resort, The Leelas Bamboo Houses, Golven Resort and Hotel Gazali provide nice accommodation. Even local people offer homestays to tourists!
How To Reach Bhogave Beach
Bhogwe has a nice connectivity to all major cities in the Maharashtra. It is 20 km away from the National Highway -17. One can reach NH-17 by taking Gaganbawda road that meets NH-17 near Kankavli. The beach is 525 km away from Mumbai and 22 km from Malvan.
- By Road: You can either reach here via Kudal – Walaval – Parule-Bhogave or else via Vengurla – Mhapan – Parule – Bhogave route.
- Nearest Railway Station: Kudal is the nearest railway station to reach Bhogwe beach. This station lies on the Konkan railway route and is 30 km away from the beach.
- Nearest Airport: Dabolim airport in Goa is the nearest airport to Bhogave beach. The distance between the airport and beach is 122 km.
Eating Stuff: Few hotels & small stalls nearby the beach offer delicious food. You can taste various local cuisines in the hotels nearby Bhogave beach.
- Nivati Beach (13 km)
- Kondura Beach
- Tarkarli Beach
Bhogave Beach Map:
Bhogwe beach in Konkan is surely a must visit the beach in Maharashtra. It has preserved its natural condition very well due to which dolphins also stay in this region!