Colaba causeway market is one of the best shopping places in Mumbai. It is famous for ladies wearing accessories. This marker always remains full with shopping lovers. Read further to know about Colaba causeway market shopping & other information.
Location: Colaba, near Mumbai Police headquarters, South Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Colaba Causeway Market Shopping
It is a commercial shopping street, especially for girl’s & ladies shopping accessories like clothes & pieces of jewellery. This road links Colaba to old woman’s island of Mumbai. Officially this road is known as Shahid Bhagat Singh Road. Colaba Causeway shopping Market was established in 1838 by East India Company. It is situated next to the Mumbai Police headquarters. Colaba market remains busy and crowded with shopping lovers throughout the day. It is among the best shopping spots as well as most visited places in Mumbai.
Colaba Causeway market is a place which has its own trend of fashion. Causeway street is a popular shopping spot among local as well as foreign tourists. Many foreign tourists do shopping at this place than any other place in Mumbai. It is now called as Culture Square of Mumbai. This street has a large number of shops situated on its both sides. It’s the place where you can get a variety of amazing fashion items. Colaba causeway shopping always gives an exciting experience!
What to buy?
This place has all those things which will help to glow your beauty. You can find a large range various fashion accessories at Colaba causeway market.
- Clothing items like T-shirts, Tops, jackets, pants, party-wear, Nightwear etc.
- Purse & Bags
- Semi-precious Stones
- Electronic items
- Footwear like floaters, sandals & shoes.
- Ethnic jewellery & Bangles
- Handicraft items
- Wall Decorations
- Brass, silver & terracotta items
- Pet Stores
- Wholesale Fruits & Vegetables
Things to keep in mind during Shopping at Colaba Causeway Market!
- The most important thing to keep in mind that you must be ready to bargain very hard!
- The original cost of various items varies between Rs.10/- to Rs.1000/-.
- Shopkeepers intentionally tell the higher rates to get more profit.
- So try to reduce the price up to 50% or less of the quoted price.
- They demand a high price from foreign tourists. Therefore you should not give exact quoted money.
- Shops here offers cheap but good quality items.
Boys may get disappointed at Colaba Causeway Mumbai because it does not have much options for men’s fashion. But don’t worry guys, Fashion Street is always there for you! ;)
Best Time To Visit: The market opens at around 10:00 am & close down by 9:00 pm. Evening time is the best time to enjoy shopping at Colaba causeway Market.
How To Reach: It is easily accessible from any part of the city by bus, trains, taxies or radio cabs. It is located very near from Kala Ghoda.
- Nearest Rail Station: C.S.T. & Churchgate are the nearest railway stations. The Market is situated at 15-20 minutes walking distance from these stations. Or else you can catch the taxi from the station to reach here.
- Nearest Airport: Mumbai airport is the closest airport to reach Colaba causeway market.
Eating Stuff: There are plenty of restaurants nearby Colaba causeway Mumbai. Restaurants like McDonalds, Cafe Mondegar, Mings Palace, Leopold Café, Café Churchill & Delhi Darbar are there to grab a bite. Out of these, Cafe Mondegar and Leopold Café are very popular food joints!
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
- Jehangir Art Gallery
- Prince Of Wales Museum
- Fashion Street
- Gateway of India
- Mumbai University
- Marine Drives
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- Crawford Market
- Flora Fountain.
Map To Reach:
If you are a street shopping lover then Colaba causeway market is the best spot for you! Kindly let us know your views or queries :)