Ganpatipule beach in Maharashtra is one of the famous beaches along the west coast of India. This beach has splendid natural beauty & is located near popular Ganpatipule temple. Read further to get Information about this beach!
Location: On the Konkan coast, 25 kms from Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
Best Time To Visit: Tourists can visit Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra at any time of the year. This region has cool & pleasant atmosphere throughout the year!
Ganpatipule Beach Information
Ganpatipule is a popular tourist attraction in Maharashtra because of its amazing beauty. It is located in Ratnagiri district. Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra is a major tourist attraction in the town along with Ganpatipule temple. This beach is among a gorgeous white sand beaches on the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Ganpatipule offers a serene & ideal weekend gateway destination in Konkan region.
The beach has many food stalls, horse riding and camel riding options. The length of this beautiful beach is 12 kms. The sea-coast is very eye pleasing having vegetation of cypress trees. Ganpatipule is also blessed with other beautiful beaches. One can get amazed by the beauty of these white beaches. Coast of Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra has many coconut trees over its stretch.
The beach is clean & rich with white-silver sand. Beach has clean bluish water & is rich in flora. One can see mangroves and coconut palm trees all over the beach. Please do not try to enter into the deep sea. Ganpatipule is dangerous for swimming as it has rocky structures under water. The sand on the beach is also quiet Slippery. So take precautions while entering into the water. There is also a lagoon in Ganpatipule. It is a perfect tourist spot for the road trip or family trip!
Ganpatipule was unknown until a few years ago, but now thousands of people give the visit to this lovely place. According to legends, Lord Ganesha (Ganpati) was annoyed by a remark and left his home then reached to Pule. So the town got its name as GanpatiPule. While some people believe that Ganpatipule got this name from the white sand (Pule in Marathi) from which the idol of Lord Ganesh was crafted.
There is a hill behind Ganpatipule temple. Devotees take a pradakshina around this hill. You can get amazing panoramic images of Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra, Malgund, Kotawade, Tivari port and Varawade from the top of this hill. The view of an endless stretch of blue Arabian Sea with white sands is breath-taking. You can feel the serene & calm environment of the beach and its surrounding. It is certainly one of the best beaches in Maharashtra.
How To Reach Ganpatipule:
ST or Tourist buses regularly ply to Ganpatipule from all major cities in Maharashtra. Ganpatipule distance from Mumbai is 331 kms (via NH-66) and Ganpatipule distance from Pune is 300 kms (via NH-66). The distance between Ratnagiri & Ganpatipude Beach is nearby 25 kms.
-By Road: The drive from Ratnagiri to Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra along Aare-Waare gives a phenomenal experience. This is certainly one of the most beautiful sea drives in Maharashtra.
-Nearest Rail Station: Sindhudurg station (on Konkan railway) is the convenient railway station to reach this spot. There is also another rail head named-Karbude. But only passenger trains stop at Karbude.
Hotels in Ganpatipule:
There are many hotels & beach resorts in Ganpatipule. MTDC resort is also available in Ganpatipule. For checking the availability of MTDC resort rooms at Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra and online booking visit Maharashtra Tourism Bookings. The MTDC Ganpatipule resort is situated very close to the beach.
Various restaurants in Ganpatipule serves delicious veg and non-veg food. Food lovers can enjoy mouth-watering sea food, Kokam curry, fish curry, Aambapoli (crispy wafers of mango pulp), Phanaspoli (crispy wafers of crushed jackfruit pulp), Modak, Alphonso mangoes, Sabudana khichdi and many more items.
Nearby Attractions: Ganpatipule Temple, Ganpatipule Backwaters, Aare-Ware Beach.
- Ganpatipule Temple: Ganpatipule is famous for Swayambhu Ganesh Temple as well as for its beautiful beaches. Temple of Lord Ganesha has the self-manifest (swayambhu) shrine of Lord Ganesh. Ganpatipule temple was under the protection of various rulers like Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Madhavrao Peshwe from time to time. This temple is unique because the idol of Ganpati faces in the west direction. The temple is said to be over 400 years old. It is one of the famous tourist attractions in Konkan region.
- Ganpatipule Backwaters: Tourists can enjoy many facilities in Ganpatipule. The backwaters of Ganpatipule is a must visit spot. Adventure lovers can enjoy various water sports in Ganpatipule. Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) offers various water sport and boating facilities in the Ganpatipule backwaters.
- Lighthouse: The lighthouse near Jaigad in Ganpatipule is awesome. One can get magnificent views of the endless Arabian sea from the lighthouse. This lighthouse is still operational. It was built in the year 1932. Try to visit the lighthouse in between 4.00 pm and 5.30 pm.
- Ratnagiri: Ratnagiri is another popular tourist destination nearby Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra. It is located at a distance of about 25 kms from Ganpatipule. Ratnagiri has port and popular famous for its Alphonso mangoes (Hapoos Aamba in Marathi). Ratnagiri is blessed with beautiful beaches like Bhatye beach & Mandvi Beach.
- Velneshwar: Velneshwar is a scenic village in the Konkan. It is located north of the Shastri River. Velneshwar is a very serene spot having the beautiful beach. This village has a very old temple of Lord Shiva. The shrine of this temple was found to local fisherman in his net while fishing. Every year, a huge number of tourists visit this place during Maha-Shivratri fair.
- Marleshwar: Marleshwar is popular for its waterfalls & Shiva temple. It is situated at a distance of 60 kms from Ganpatipule beach Maharashtra.
- Parshuram Temple: Parshuram temple is a place of religious significance. It is located at a distance of 112 Kms from Ganpatipule
- Derwan: Derwan is popular an exhibition on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. The exhibition is called as Shiv Srusti and located at 85 Kms from Ganpatipule.
Map To Ganpatipule Beach Maharashtra:
Do you have something to add in above topic?? How was your experience at Ganpatipule? Do let us know via comments :)