Juhu beach Mumbai is one of the top tourist attractions in Mumbai. It is a nice place for a family outing as well as for friends gatherings. In this article, let’s see various tourist information about this beach.
Location: 18 kms from city center, Vile Parle–Juhu, Mumbai.
Timings: Tourists can visit this beach place at any time of the year. But it is recommended to stay away from the water during monsoon season & high tides.
Juhu beach Mumbai Information
This beach is among the most famous beaches of Mumbai. The beach is located exactly next to the Mumbai Domestic Airport (in Vile-Parle) which is in the central suburb of Mumbai. Beach has calm water, golden sand and soothing atmosphere. Beach is lined with lush green palm trees from start to end. It is one of the most attractive beaches in Mumbai. Juhu beach Mumbai is equipped with a sufficient number of lifeguards.
This beach is among the most visited beaches in Maharashtra as well as in India. Many tourists coming to Mumbai make it a point to visit this beautiful beach. You can witness amazing sunrise as well as sunset views at Juhu beach Mumbai. Some statues of freedom fighters like Lokmanya Tilak are carved at the entrance of beach to pay tribute to them. Many people visit this beach at night also as it offers very serene environment.
Things to do at Juhu Beach Mumbai
- The beach is popular for the variety of delicious street food. Food lovers can enjoy a treat of various Chaat items, Pav Bhaji, Tawa Pulav, Kulfi, Burgers, Pizza, Ice-Gola, Chinese Food, Juices, Roasted Corns and many other food items.
- Italian food is famous in Juhu with many Italian restaurants like Mangi Ferra, Little Italy and Don Giovanni nearby it.
- The beach remains crowded nearby its entrance mouth. If you take a walk towards other ends of the beach, then you can feel the calm & serene atmosphere!
- At the north end of the beach, the place named Gandhi Gram is situated. This place offers numerous sports activities for children like Football, Cricket, Basketball & other sports!
- One can enjoy Horse ride, Camel ride or Bullock Cart ride at Juhu beach Mumbai.
- There are also some popular pubs & discotheques nearby beach. You may head into one of those after your calm evening walk at the beach!
This beach is a well-preferred location for many Bollywood film shooting. The locality near a beach is a very high-class locality in Mumbai. Many Bollywood stars and big industry personnel live in Juhu locality.
You may spot popular film stars & celebrities jogging, cycling or do yoga at Juhu beach Mumbai in the morning time. It’s lovely to sight see kids playing in Sands along with parents. This beach also a perfect spot for couples to spend some romantic time. Early morning & late night walk on this beach gives a pleasant experience!
How To Reach: It is easily accessible by Mumbai city transport like Buses, Taxi’s and trains.
- Nearest Rail Station: Vile Parle (3 kms) and Santacruz stations are nearest railway stations to reach the beach. A lot of BEST buses & auto-rickshaws are available from these stations to Juhu beach Mumbai.
- Nearest Airport: Mumbai Domestic Airport is there just in front of the beach. You can take breathtaking an experience of Airplanes flying off above your head!
Accommodation: Various hotels are available in Mumbai for accommodation purpose. Maharashtra Tourism Department(MTDC) offers nice staying facilities. You can contact them at the link given here.
Eating Stuff: There are a large number of eateries on the beach to have food.
Staying Options: If you wish to stay near the beach then there are many hotels like JW Marriott Juhu in the beach vicinity.
Map To Reach:
Have you been there to Juhu beach Mumbai?? How was your experience? Feel free to share it with us :)
Advice: Please do not throw garbage indiscriminately on the beach. Every day about 30 metric tons of garbage including wafer wrappers, plastic or polyethylene bags, oil slick, flowers, Tetra-pack boxes of juices is thrown on the beach by tourists. This bad habit of throwing litter is damaging the sea-life & the natural beauty of the beach very badly.