Nivati beach near Malvan is among the most gorgeous beaches in Maharashtra. It is blessed with abundant natural beauty and great surroundings!
Best Time To Visit: October to April is the ideal time to visit Nivati beach. It is better to avoid visit over here at the end of the summer & during the monsoon season.
Location Address: Nivati village, Near Malvan, 25 kms from Vengurla, Sindhudurg district, Maharashtra (India) – 416 520.
Nivati Beach Information
Nivati is the beautiful village amidst the greenery and sparkling blue ocean of the Sindhudurg district. It is located on the southern side of Sindhudurg Fort near Bhogve Beach. Nivati beach has a magnificent stretch of Golden sand. This beach has peaceful surroundings & the water is crystal clear along with moist air.
This is quite an unexplored and less visited beach on Konkan coast. There is natural rock cut formation around the beach. The beach is close to the famous fishing villages Bhogve & Kochra. The main fishes caught here are Indian mackerel and Ribbonfish. This beach is undoubtedly among the most beautiful beaches in Maharashtra & India. The atmosphere at this village is very calm & help to distress you in moments!
Nivati Attractions / Places To Visit:
- Dolphin Rides: You can easily spot dolphins at the Nivati beach. Dolphin rides are famous in Nivati along with the Nivati rocks. Boats are generally available on the beach for taking a dolphin ride. Sometimes local fisherman also agrees to take you on the ride at a reasonable cost.
- Nivati Fort: Nivati fort is lies just nearby the beach locality. It adds historical importance to this village. Fort is completely in ruins but you can see marvelous views of the sea and surrounding region from this fort.
- Nivati Backwaters: Nivati is also blessed with a 5 kms long backwater along the paddy fields. A cruise in the Nivati backwaters lanes gives magnificent & rare panoramic view of the simple sea side village. You must take this awesome experience if you are visiting Nivati.
- Nivati Lighthouse
- Tourists can see the launching of fisherman’s boats and fishing nets into the sea.
- Tropical Oasis: There is a small tropical oasis on the shores of Kochara village near Nivati. You can see amazing views of this oasis!
- Some other places to visit near Nivati beach are: Nivati Fort, Sarjakot Fort, Sagareshwar Temple and Beach, Devbaug Beach, Khavane Beach, Redi Beach and Ganesh Temple, Shiroda Velagar Beach, Mochemad Creek and Back Waters.
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
How To Reach Nivati Beach
ST & private buses regularly ply to Vengurla from all major tourist cities in the Maharashtra. Many tourist luxury buses are also available from these cities. From Vengurla, local transport is easily available till Nivati.
- By Road: Nivati village has good connectivity to major places in Maharashtra. It lies 20 km away from the National Higway-17. You need to proceed towards Kudal town from NH-17 and then to Nivati. The distance between Kudal & Nivati beach is about 20 km. Taking a road from Gaganbawda ghat is the best route that connects Pune and Kolhapur. This road joins National Higway-17 near Kankavli town.
- Nearest Railway Station: Kudal station the nearest railhead to reach this spot. The station is 25 km away from the beach. You can catch private vehicles from the station.
- Nearest Airport: Dabolim airport in Goa is the closest airport to Nivati. It is at a distance of 119 km from the beach. Ratnagiri airport (182 km away) is the another option.
Eating Stuff / Restaurants Nearby: You can enjoy varieties of sea food dishes near Nivati beach. There are many restaurants that serve a good quality non-veg food near the beach. One can taste amazing Malvani food dishes over here!
Resorts / Accommodation Options
Various resorts, deluxe hotels, cottages and homestays are easily available nearby the Nivati beach for accommodation purpose. MTDC accommodation is available in Vengurla. You can check the availability of the resort rooms at this link.
Map To Reach:
Nivati beach is a must visit spot near Malvan region of Sindhudurg district. It also has a lot of other attractions nearby. So you can have a peaceful & enjoyable vacation over here!