Bhandardara hill station in Maharashtra is a scenic spot in the Western Ghats. It is blessed with rich natural beauty and soothing climate!
Best Time To Visit: August to March is the best time to visit Bhandardara hill station because weather remains very pleasing in these months.
Location: Ahmednagar district, on the banks of the Pravara river Maharashtra (India).
Bhandardara Hill Station Information
Bhandardhara is a popular hill station situated in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra. The location of this hill station lies on the beautiful river basin of the Pravara river. The mountains, splashing waterfalls, lakes, dense jungle, serenity and pleasing greenery attract a large number of tourists to this location. As this place is there amidst the Sahyadri Mountain Range, it is also popular among trekkers. Bhandardara hill station is an ideal getaway during the monsoon season. It has very calm and serene surroundings which give peace to mind. It is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Maharashtra!
Bhandardara is situated at an average height of 1400 metres. This place is full of other attractions too. It is one of the few places where you can find nature in its most untouched state. This hill station is not at all polluted by commercialization or industrialization. Wilson Dam also known as Bhandardara Dam is an another major tourist attraction nearby Bhandardara hill station. The region around this dam and hill station has been declared as a wildlife sanctuary. This entire region serves as a home to vast species of flora and fauna.
The Wilson Dam, Radha Falls & Arthur Lake are the most popular tourist attractions among tourists. One can also enjoy fishing in the Arthur lake. The Radha Falls is a famous hydropower generation plant near the hill station. This spot is quite near to Nashik, Mumbai and Pune cities. So people from these cities can visit Bhandardara hill station for short & sweet weekend trip!
Elevation: 1400 meters above MSL.
Time Required: 3 days are enough to see this place properly.
How To Reach Bhandardara hill station
Bhandardara is situated near to national highway-3. So one can easily reach here via personal or hired vehicles. ST and tourist buses also regularly ply between the and major cities in Maharashtra.
- From Mumbai: Take NH-3 (Mumbai-Nashik Highway) From Pune and follow this route Mumbai – Thane – Bhiwandi Kalyan Junction – Atgaon – Khardi – Kasara – Then take a right turn from Ghoti – Wasali – Bhandardara. The distance via this route is about 170 kms.
- From Pune: Take NH-60 FROM Pune and proceed via Rajgurunagar – Manchar – Narayangaon – Otur – Bhramanwada – Kotul – Rajur – Bhandardara. This distance is 165 kms.
- Nearest Rail Station: Igatpuri is the nearest railway station to reach here. The station is about 45 kms away from the Bhandardara hill station.
- Nearest Airport: Mumbai airport at a distance of 180 kms is the nearest airport to this place. Pune airport is the other option which is 190 kms away.
Eating Stuff: There are good restaurants over here which serve various cuisines.
Accommodation Options: There are various resorts and hotels including MTDC which offer nice accommodation facilities. MTDC resort is always a good option to stay. You can check prices of MTDC resort here. Anandwan resort, Amruteshwar Resort and Yash Resort are popular among tourists.
Bhandardara Places To Visit
- Ratangad Fort: Among the most popular & scenic trek routes in Maharashtra.
- Radha Falls: One of the best waterfalls in Maharashtra. It is splashing waterfall at a height of 170 feet on Pravara River. It is certainly among the best waterfalls in Maharashtra.
- Wilson dam (Bhandardara Dam): The largest earthen dam in India.
- Arthur lake: Look like a blue ice plateau amidst the Bhandardara hill station region.
- Kalsubai Peak: The highest mountain Peak of Maharashtra.
- Umbrella Falls: This magnificent waterfall takes birth in every monsoon season when the water from comes out from a small opening in its northern side and falls on a semicircular rock formation.
- Amriteshwar Temple: Constructed in Hemadpanthi style in 1100 AD.
- Konkan Kada: It is a massive semi-circular rock cliff in at Harishchandragad Fort which has 2,000 feet straight rock edge.
- Fishing: A large number of fishes are there in the lakes near this place. Tourists can enjoy fishing over there.
- Ghatghar: If you want to see the magnificent views of Sahyadri mountain range then visit Ghatghar. One can get amazing panoramic views from Ghatghar which is 22 kms away from Bhandardara hill station.
- Sandhan Vally: It is one of the biggest canyons in the western Ghats. The trek through canyon and valley is truly breathtaking. It is 25 kms away from the hill station.
Map To Reach