Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri of Maharashtra is a serene beach in front of Western Ghats. Availability of MTDC resort near the beach is helping to pull many towards this spot!
Best Time To Visit: August to March is the ideal time to visit this beach. Weather of this region remains soothing during this period of the year.
Location Ad: Bhatye Village, Near Ratnagiri, on the way to Pawas, Maharashtra (India).
Bhatye Beach In Ratnagiri Information
It is an amazing beach with the great Sahyadri Mountain Range in the background and gives nice views of the surroundings. This is a straight and beautiful beach having a long length of about 1.5 km. The beach is blessed with a large number of Suru trees (casuarinas) and also famous as Suru Ban. Landscapes of the beach from a nearby hillock are truly magnificent.
The sight of sea waves at the time of high tide is absolutely amazing. You can enjoy camping at MTDC’s tent resort in amidst the whispering Suru trees. Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri can be visited while giving the visit to the Ganpatipule Beach or Ganpatipule Temple. This beach is better for swimming as compared to Ganapatipule beach. The village and beach of Bhayte are at a distance of 3 km from the city of Ratnagiri.
Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri has bluish water, a vast expansion of silvery sands, the unpolluted air, quiet atmosphere and the clean environs sprinkled with casuarinas. Generally, the beach remains calm & crowd free. It is a perfect place to witness a romantic sunset. Tourists can also take a horse ride over the beach span.
The beach has a serene environment and offers a calm walk on the beach during mornings & evenings. Food vendors set up chairs and tables on the beach where you can seat and enjoy the view calmly. The sand here is soft and doesn’t stick to the body. Water sports facilities are also available at the beach which adds more excitement to your visit!
Nearby Places To Visit
There are many places to visit near Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri. It lies at the center of various popular tourist spots. The beach of Mandavi & Bhatye is separated by a creek.
- Krishi Vidyapeeth: People interested in agriculture can visit the Coconut Research center of Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth. This coconut research station comes under the Agricultural University of Konkan.
- Zari Vinayak: A popular Zari Vinayak Temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha is there at the end of the beach. Sea waves at the time of high tide are really breathtaking!
- The Ratnagiri Light House
- Mandavi Beach
- View Point
- Thibaw Point
- Swaroopanand Swami Ashram
- Jaigadh Bandar
©Bad Meets Evil
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
Time Required: 2 hours are sufficient to see this beach and its surroundings!
How To Reach Bhatye Beach Ratnagiri
The beach is hardly 3 km away from Ratnagiri city on the way to Pawas from Ratnagiri. One can reach here easily by taking ST buses or other private vehicles.
- By Road: MSRTC (State Transport) buses ply regularly to Bhatye from Ratnagiri city bus stand. Ratnagiri bus stand has a nice connectivity to all major cities in Maharashtra. The bus stand of Ratnagiri is 2 km away from the beach.
- Nearest Railway Station: Ratnagiri station on Konkan railway is the nearest railhead to Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri. The beach is 6 km away from the station. Many private vehicles are available outside the station to get up to the beach.
- Nearest Airport: Ratnagiri airport is the nearest domestic airport to this beach. However, it has very less number of flights. Mumbai & Pune are alternate airports to reach this beach in Ratnagiri.
Restaurants / Eating Stuff: The beach has many chat stalls nearby it. You can get delicious chat items over here at a reasonable cost. Apart from them, few restaurants like Titanic Deck, Ashok Restaurant & The Baw restaurant serve nice food.
Hotels / MTDC Resort
Various hotels, lodges, homestays and bungalows are available in Ratnagiri and beach vicinity. Even a 5 star hotel is available near the beach. MTDC Samudra Sagar resort is a good option to stay near the beach. Availability of this MTDC resort can be checked at this link. You can choose any of them as per your budget & convenience!
Map To Reach:
Bhatye beach in Ratnagiri is also a good option for camping. You can take your tents and camp amidst the casuarinas.