Bhivpuri waterfalls near Karjat offer amazing 1-day gateways near Mumbai in Monsoon season. Due to Rapelling activities, number of people have started flocking towards this waterfall!
Best Time To Visit: July to September is the best time to enjoy this waterfall. After this period, the water stream goes on decreasing and the intensity of waterfall reduces.
Location Address: Bhivpuri road, 7 km from Karjat city, Maharashtra (India).
Bhivpuri Waterfalls Information:
A town of Bhivpuri is near the Karjat city of Maharashtra. It lies between towns of Karjat & Neral in the Raigad district. This town is very popular for its splashing waterfalls that arise during the rainy season. Apart from the main waterfall, a large number of small and medium-sized waterfalls takes birth in mountains of Bhivpuri.
The main waterfall is about 20 feet in height and flows more efficiently during July to mid-September. A large number of tourists from Mumbai, Navi-Mumbai & Thane suburbs flock to Bhivpuri during monsoon season. Bhivpuri waterfalls are among the best waterfalls to experience in Maharashtra. They offer an ideal option to Mumbaikar’s for short weekend gateway!
In order to reach up to the waterfall, you need to walk till the base of the mountain. Journey to the base of waterfalls requires half an hour. After reaching to the base, you have to do a short trekking of about 20 minutes to reach up to splashing waterfalls. It involves crossing of 2 water streams and climbing on the hillock.
You have to be careful while climbing & even more careful while descending as path remains slippery. Please wear a proper footwear with good grip while visit over here. This trekking up to the waterfalls in rain gives amazing feeling!
Bhivpuri Waterfalls Rappelling
In recent years, the Rappelling at this waterfall has also become a popular adventure activity. Few adventure agencies offer Rappelling over here which involves descending from the top end of the waterfall to base with the help of rope & other safety equipments. Descending through splashing streams of waterfall gives absolutely adventurous experience.
This place is particularly visited by young people & their families. Bhivpuri waterfalls have less crowd during weekdays. However, a huge number of people visit here on weekend days.
The surrounding of waterfalls is very beautiful & has mind-pleasing atmosphere! In the rainy season, the entire area around waterfalls gets a cover with beautiful lush greenery. You can see spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and lake nearby waterfall.
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
Time Required: 1 day is enough to enjoy Bhivpuri waterfalls. It offers an easy one-day trip from Mumbai and Thane suburbs. It is 10 minutes away by auto-rickshaw from Bhivpuri road station and 20 minutes away from Karjat station.
How To Reach Bhivpuri / Transportation Options:
- By Car: You can reach the Aashane village from Shilphata-Karjat highway as well as from Panvel-Karjat highway. Cars can be taken directly to the village. There are 2 routes to reach here: If you are coming from Thane side then you can follow a route of Thane -Bhiwandi Kalyan Junction –Kalyan –Badlapur –Vangni –Shelu– Take the right turn just ahead of Umroli village –Ashane.
- Otherwise, 2nd option is following route Expressway via Thane –Turbhe –Kamothe -Panvel-Exit Expressway via Panvel Bypass Road –Shedung –Chouk –Karjat –Ashane.
- By Railway: Bhivpuri Road and Karjat stations are convenient railheads to reach Bhivpuri waterfalls. Auto-rickshaws are available to Ashane village from both of these stations. Both stations are situated on the Central Railway line so you can catch any train going towards Karjat and Khopoli. Few express trains also halt at Karjat. It takes 2 hours to reach Karjat station from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. People coming from Pune should alight at Karjat station as express trains do not stop at Bhivpuri Road station.
Eating Stuff: You can get food easily nearby the station area. Both Karjat and Bhivpuri Road stations have ample of eateries. We request you not to throw litter nearby the waterfall area. Keep wrappers, plastic bags, dishes and similar waste in your bag and throw them in a proper garbage can. This way you will help greatly to keep this area in a natural state.
- Bhivpuri Lake
- Sai Baba Mandir of Bhivpuri
- Nitin Desai Studio(Karjat)
- Matheran Hill Station
- Rambagh Point
Map To Reach:
Bhivpuri waterfalls is an absolute tourist delight where you can experience waterfalls, rappelling, short trekking, lake side activities and great panoramic views. So if you are looking for a one-day gateway near Mumbai, this spot is waiting for you!