Celebrity Wax Museum Lonavala is a fine exaple of modern art form. It has wax statues of various popular persons around the globe!
Best Time To Visit: The temperature of Lonavala remains pleasant all year round so you can visit this museum anytime during the year.
Location Address: Lonavala Junction, Lonavla Square Mall, Takve Kurth, Thombrewadi, Lonavala, Maharashtra 410401.
Celebrity Wax Museum Lonavala Information
Built on the concept of Madame Tussauds Museum of London, it is a very interesting museum located at Lonavala. It consists of various wax statues of various Indian and International celebrities belonging to different fields. The museum lies near Lonavla Square Mall. All statues of this museum is a work of one single artist. These are a result of hard work done by an amazing artist – Sunil Kandalloor. This museum is quite different than other wax museums.
The celebrity wax museum of Lonavala is India’s first wax museum which was opened in 2005. It is a brilliant piece of artwork showing good creativity skills. Photography with wax statues is allowed. Apart from This museum, Sunil Kandalloor also has another wax museum in Kochi. The wax museum in Kochi has 36 wax statues. It is famous among tourists of all age groups. Many of them stand in a que to get the photo along with the statues in the museum!
Celebrity Wax Museum Statues
Museum has around 100 wax statues of famous people like
- Historical Legends: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Babasaheb Ambedkar, Swami Vivekanand, Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Bhagat Singh, Indira Gandhi.
- Social Activists: Mother Teresa, Anna Hajare, Sri sri Ravishankar, Vellapally Natesan, Balaji Tambe.
- Sport Persons: Kapil Dev, Virat Kohli.
- Art Industries: Dadasaheb Phalke, AR Rahman, Mohammad Rafi, MS Subbalaxmi, Jakie Shroff, Prabhu Deva, Hariharan.
- International Legends: Nelson Mandela, Charlie Chaplin, Michael Jackson, Adolf Hitler, Anjelina Joe, Benazir Bhutto, Saddam Husain.
- Saints: Saibaba, Satya Saibaba.
- Politicians: Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Yeshwantrao Chavan, Narendra Modi, Rajiv Gandhi, Pandit Nehru, Chhagan Bhujbal
Some of the statues in Celebrity wax museum looks as original as those personals. The perfection in the statues is really amazing to see. Due to hard work of museum team, the number of statues in this museum is increasing day by day. They regularly add statues of nationally as well as internationally popular celebrities.
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
Wax Museum Timings
Celebrity wax museum in Lonavala remains open every day from 08:30 am to 09:30 pm. It remains closed only on national holidays.
Time Required: 1 hour is sufficient to watch this museum properly.
Entry Fees / Ticket Charges: Museum authorities take entry charges as Rs.200/- per person for adults and a child above 5 years. The entry for a child below 5 years or height below 120 cm is free of any cost. They take additional charges for photography inside the museum!
Accommodation / Staying Options: There are a large number of hotels, resorts, private villas and lodges in Lonavala. You can choose any of them as per your convenience & budget!
How To Reach
As it lies on of the busiest highways in the world, you can reach Celebrity wax museum very easily via road. If you are traveling from the expressway, then take a Lonavala exit and proceed towards Pune on Old Mumbai-Pune highway. The signboards on road will help to reach up to the museum!
- Nearest Rail Station: Lonavala station is the nearest railhead to reach this museum. The station is just 2 km away from this museum. You can catch rickshaws or cabs outside the station to reach over here.
- Nearest Airport: Pune airport is the closest airport to reach wax museum in Lonavala. The distance between airport and museum is about 64 km. Mumbai airport is another option which is 104 km away.
Eating Stuff: Being one of the famous hill stations in Maharashtra, Lonavala has plenty of restaurants. You can get a variety of local, Indian and international cuisines in Lonavala. Apart from them, Celebrity wax museum in Lonavala has its own cafeteria!
- Lonavala Hill Station
- Khandala Hill Station
- Hot Air Balloon Safari
- Rajmachi Fort
- Della Adventure
- Adlabs Imagica
- Ulhas Valley Trek
- Lohagad Fort
- Visapur Fort
- Tikona Fort
- Karla Caves
- Bhaja Caves
Official Website: www.celebritywaxmuseum.com
Celebrity wax museum in Lonavala is a worth seeing spot in Lonavala. Children would love to get clicked with popular celebrities like Michael Jackson!