Kihim beach in Alibaug is a must visit spot in this region. Many tourists flock to this seashore due to its amazing natural beauty and soothing environment!
Location Address: 11 km north to Alibaug, Maharashtra (India).
Best Time To Visit: October to March is the best time to visit this spot. The environment remains pleasant and scenic during this period of the year!
Kihim Beach Alibaug Review:
It is one of the popular beaches on the coast of Alibaug. The beach has a lengthy stretch with rocky structures in between it. Kihim is a tiny village 11 km away in the north direction to Alibaug. Its natural beauty and leisure activities pull many tourists from Mumbai & Pune. Being close to both of these cities, many people visit this beach on weekends. It is also known as a twin of Mandwa beach.
Kihim is famous for its unspoiled beauty. Being isolated from city noise & populated area, Kihim beach in Alibaug has the peaceful atmosphere and great beauty of nature. The beach has clean blue water, fresh breeze, and calm environment. It is a great spot for a mini vacation away from the city. The beach is lined with a number of palm trees.
The forest near the beach has wild flowers, butterflies and bird species which make Kihim a paradise for nature lovers & tourists. Kihim beach in Alibaug is one of the famous beaches in Maharashtra and should not be missed while visiting the Alibaug. The Kunkeshwar temple near the beach is a very popular religious spot.
Things To Do:
- Places: There are many places to see near the beach. you can see different spots like Kunkeshwar temple, Mandwa beach, Alibaug beach, Kolaba Fort and Revdanda beach while your visit to this beach.
- Water Sports: Tourists can enjoy various water sports at Kihim Beach. Tourists can get indulged in various water sports like water scooters, parasailing, banana rides, bumper rides etc.
- Swimming: This beach is not safe for swimming due to a presence of rock structures near the coastline. So it is advisable to avoid taking a dive inside the sea.
- Forts: Twin forts of Khanderi and Underi are visible from the coast of Kihim. They look like floating on the horizon during evening time. Views of sunset through rocky patches of the beach also looks stunning.
- Farming: Tourists can see farming of Coconut and Betelnut near Kihim beach in Alibaug. These 2 fruits along with the rice are produced on a large scale.
In the month of Shravan, a Shivlinga rises very mysteriously on the beach. It diminishes automatically by itself and rises again in the next year. This shiv linga is considered to be self-manifest (swayambhu).
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
Kihim Beach Hotels / Cottages / Tents:
There is an MTDC resort near a beach which offers decent accommodation options. There are few hotels and resorts in the vicinity of the beach. Hotels nearby the beach also provides stay in tents near a beach.
Time Required: 2 days are sufficient to explore the beach and attractions around it!
How To Reach:
- Nearest Sea Port: Taking sea route is the best option to reach Alibaug region from Mumbai. Mandwa jetty is the nearest sea port to reach this beach. Except for monsoons, there is regular ferry service between Mumbai to Mandwa. Ferry operators further provide a bus service till Chondi village (3 km away from Kihim). Chondi is like a transportation hub to travel anywhere in Alibaug. You will get various private vehicles in Chondi to reach up to the beach.
- State Transport buses ply regularly from various major cities in Maharashtra to Alibaug. Then private vehicles are available to up to the beach. If you are driving a car, then follow this route (95 km): Mumbai – Pen – Wadkhal – Poynad – Gotheghar – Kihim. Instead of taking a road going towards Alibaug, you can take the road going via Karle Khind from Wadkhal.
Kihim beach from Pune:
- Take a Mumbai-Pune expressway till Khopoli. Then move towards Pen from Khopoli exit. The route will be Pune – Lonavala – Khopoli Exit – Pen – Wadkhal – Poynad – Gotheghar – Kihim (141 km).
- Nearest Railway Station: Pen is the nearest station to reach this beach (29 km). This station is on the Konkan railway line.
- Nearest Airport: Mumbai airport is the closest air station to reach over here. Beach is 104 km away from the airport.
Eating Stuff: Few good restaurants are there near this beach. There are few nice restaurants nearby the coastline of Alibaug. You will get a delicious seafood as well as veg food in these restaurants. Various food stalls near the beach sell chat items like Shevpuri, panipuri etc.
- Kunkeshwar Temple
- Mandwa Beach
- Khanderi and Underi Forts
- Kolaba Fort
- Alibaug Beach
- Chaul (Have Buddhist caves, a church, and an ancient Hamam Khana).
Map To Reach:
Kihim beach in Alibaug is an ideal place for a 2-day vacation near Mumbai as well as Pune. You can also explore other beaches and temples around the beach!