Lavasa hill city or Lavasa hill station near Pune is India’s 1st planned hill station amidst gigantic Sahyadri Mountains. This hill station has many places to visit & offer ample of leisure activities to tourists!
Location Address: Behind the Dam of Varasgaon, Mulshi Taluka, Pune District, Maharashtra (India) – 412 112.
Elevation: 640 Meters (2099 feet) above MSL.
Best Time To Visit: You can visit this spot throughout the year. However, July to January is the ideal time to visit Lavasa. You can see an amazing natural beauty of this region during monsoon months!
Lavasa Hill City Information
It is a very well planned scenic hill station amidst lush green Sahyadri Mountain Range in Pune district of Maharashtra. Lavasa hill station is India’s largest Hill Station, situated in the western Sahyadri mountain ranges of India. This city lies near to the two major metropolises: Pune & Mumbai.
It has plenty of fun activities for everyone. The natural beauty of Lavasa hill city is simply outstanding. It is a good place for relaxing your mind, it freshens you up totally by giving peace of mind. The night view of the city from any elevated position is unforgettable. It is obiously one of the best hill stations in Maharashtra.
Visual Beauty OF Lavasa Hill Station
This city has a beautiful lake in a scenic valley surrounded by 7 hills. Lavasa hill city is situated on 18,000 acres of forested land at an elevation of about 2099 feet above MSL. It looks like a heaven in monsoon season due to its rich natural beauty. Panoramic views of mighty hills, lush greenery, splashing waterfalls, big lake, valleys in Monsoon & winter are extremely amazing!
Construction Of Lavasa Hill Station
This city has spread over 7 different hills covering the area of 25,000 acres. This amazing city is constructed on the banks of 20 km long Warasgaon Lake. So overall, this city is blessed with 60 km long lakefront. The construction of this city was inspired by the Italian town of Portofino. Lavasa hill station was privately constructed by Hindustan Construction Company (HCC).
One can see the extremely beautiful countryside and pleasant atmosphere at Lavasa hill city. Various structures like Buildings, Sports Facilities, Theme Park, Auditorium, Water Sports, Film City, International Educational Institutions, Non-Polluting Industries, Leisure Activities and residential homes are present in a master plan of the city.
The infrastructure and the technology used in the creation of this hill station are best in class. It is the 1st Indian city that is developed using Geographical Information System (GIS), bio-mimicry and innovative techniques such as hydro seeding. The complete construction of Lavasa hill station is not yet over!
Place To Visit In Lavasa Hill City
- Water Sports: As this city has a very big lakefront, few watersport facilities have developed over here. Various watersports activities are present in the lake of Lavasa hill city. Tourists can enjoy different types of adventure rides like pontoon ride, jet-ski and boating over here.
- Trekking: The trekking to nearby mountain range is also a famous activity among tourists visiting Lavasa. As this city lies amidst Sahyadris, there are many popular trekking routes in Sahyadri mountains.
- Adventure Sports: Xthrill Adventure Activity carries out various adventure activities like rappelling, rock climbing, paint ball, camping, zip lining and ATV riding at Lavasa hill station.
- Colorful Buildings: Now this is something that attracts many photographers to Lavasa hill city. The colorful buildings on the lakefront look absolutely marvelous. A large number of people visit Lavasa just to do a photoshoot in the vicinity of these buildings. They add beautiful charm to the city!
- Festivals & Events: This city also hosts various festivals celebrating the traditional culture with amazing enthusiasm. A large number of people take part in the Annual Cultural Festival. A celebration of Diwali, Holi, Christmas and New year takes place very enthusiastically.
- Indoor Golf: It is perhaps among the popular attractions of Lavasa hill city. There are an indoor Pitch and Putt Golf facility for tourists. You can either play a basic game of 1 hour or a virtual golf simulator of 2 hours.
- Bamboo Factory: “Bamboosa” is the place where you can see the craftsmen doing work of bamboo. Tourists can buy different bamboo artifacts such as lamp shades, bamboo furniture, wall clocks and other decorative items made from bamboo.
- Splash Pad Mini Water Park
- The Games Arcade
- Oase Fountain
- The Lavasa Promenade
- Trackless Train Rides
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATION
Most of the activities, shops and restaurants in the Lavasa hill city open by 08:00 am and close by 10:00 pm.
Time Required: At least 2 days are required to explore the Lavasa hill station properly!
Entry Fees: They take ticket charges as Rs.200/- for 2 wheelers, Rs.500/- for 4 wheelers and Rs.1000/- for heavy vehicles.
Eating Stuff: There are various restaurants in Lavasa offering delicious Indian, Chinese, European and other Asian cuisines. Popular restaurants like Cafe Coffee Day, Earthen Oven, Oriental, Octopus, Froosh, Panchi Krunchi, Krazy Koala are present in Lavasa. You can also enjoy delicious Maharashtrian dishes at this spot!
Accommodation Options: Many budget, semi-deluxe and luxury hotels are available at Lavasa hill station. You can choose any of them as per your convenience & budget!
©Google Images (Source Unknown)
How To Reach Lavasa Hill City
- By Road: Watunde bus stop is the nearest bus stop of Lavasa. It is 20 km away from the main Lavasa hill city. Auto-rickshaws, city buses & other private vehicles are easily available at this bus stop. One can easily reach Watunde by Road as it is just 58 km away from the Pune city. Frequent buses are available to Lavasa from Pune city. The bus stop of Lavasa has connectivity to major tourist cities in Maharashtra.
- Nearest Rail Station: Pune station is the nearest railhead to reach Lavasa hill station. This station is 62 km away from the Lavasa. Pune station has a very nice connectivity to almost entire Maharashtra & India. It receives train from cities like Mumbai, Nagpur, Kolkata, Bangalore, Delhi etc. Then you can catch cab or bus from the Pune till destination!
- Nearest Airport: Lohegaon International Airport in Pune is the nearest airport to reach Lavasa. The distance between airport & hill station is nearby 68 km. This airport receives a large number of Indian as well as international flights every day. Cabs are easily available outside the airport.
- Pune To Lavasa Route: Kothrud → Bhukum → Gadewadi → Ambegaon → Temghar → Dasave → Lavasa Hill City.
- Mumbai To Lavasa Route: Panvel → Mumbai-Pune Expressway Till Pimpri-Chinchwad –Take a right turn from Dange Chowk Road → Proceed Towards Pirangut → Gadewadi → Ambegaon → Mutha → Kharwade → Kolawade → Temghar → Lavasa Hill Station.
- Nashik To Lavasa Route:Sinnar → Sangamner → Alephata → Manchar → Rajgurunagar → Chakan → Pimpri-Chinchwad then follow the same route as above.
Map To Reach:
Official Website: www.lavasa.com
Contact: You can contact Lavasa hill city officials at +91 22 4025 6000 or email@example.com