Mumbai metro route map is something that helps travellers to roam in Mumbai without getting misdirected. In this article information about map, stations, ticket fare & timetable is given in detail. Mumbai metro rail corporation limited (MMRCL) started their service on 8th June 2014. Please read below to get a thorough idea of Metro network.
Mumbai Metro Routes Information
Mumbai Metro Route Map (Line-1)
Line-1 of Mumbai metro ply between Ghatkopar & Versova. The population of Mumbai is rising tremendously so it needs alternate travelling options. Due to day to day rise in the number of people coming & travelling in Mumbai, it has become difficult to travel in Mumbai Local trains during peak hours. In order to reduce the load on Mumbai locals, the service of Mumbai Metro Line-1 was started in June 2014. People welcomed this service and gave a massive response to Mumbai Metro service. Most of all, now it is one of the prime attractions in Mumbai.
Mumbai metro route map of Line-1 shows central Mumbai suburbs connecting to the western Mumbai suburbs. Start-up of metro service reduced down the journey time between Ghatkopar & Versova to 20 minutes. If we take into consideration this journey by local trains, then it takes about 1.5 hours. Therefore a lot of time can be saved by travelling in Metro train. The initiative of these new metro routes was handled by Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
- Mumbai Metro Route Map Details (Line-1: Ghatkopar to Versova)
END STATIONS: GHATKOPAR & VERSOVA (Train runs both ways)
Ghatkopar (West) – Jagruti Nagar – Asalpha – Saki Naka – Marol Naka – Airport Road – Chakala (J B Nagar) – Western Express Highway (WEH East) – Andheri Railway Station (East) – Azad Nagar – D N Nagar – Versova (7 Bungalows)
Mumbai Metro Map Line-1 Route
Ghatkopar To Versova Metro Timings
-You need not have to refer any timetable to travel in Mumbai-Metro line-1. Feel free to go any metro station between 5:30 am to 11:12 pm.
-Metro train runs at an interval of just 4 minutes during peak hours and at an interval of 8 minutes during non-peak hours.
-The last train from Ghatkopar is at 11:39 pm & from Versova is at 11:12 pm.
- Mumbai Metro Fare (Ghatkopar to Versova: On 15th January 2016)
Addition of Other Metro Routes (Line-2 to Line-6)
Due to huge response of people to metro service, a government has proposed 5 more Metro Lines in Mumbai viz – Line-2, Line-3 up to Line-6. The initiative of these new metro routes is also taken by Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). Most of the new announced lines
Mumbai Metro Route Map (Line-2)
- Route: Mankhurd – BKC- D N Nagar Andheri – Dahisar Link Road.
- Total Length of the route will be 40 kilometres.
- All these stations (Total 37) will be underground stations.
- Estimated starting of the project: December 2015.
- Completion Period: 6 to 7 Years.
- Estimated opening of stations to the Public-End of 2022 or 2023.
Mumbai Metro Route Map (Line-3)
- Route: Colaba Cuffe Parade – Vidhan Bhavan – Churchgate Metro – Hutatma Chowk – CST Metro – Kalbadevi – Girgaon – Grant Road Metro – Mumbai Central Metro – Mahalaxmi Metro – Nehru Science Center – Museum – Acharya Atre Chowk – Worli – Siddhivinayak – Dadar Metro -Shitladevi Temple – Dharavi – Bandra Metro – Vidyanagri – Santacruz – Chhatrapati Shivaji Domestic Airport – Sahar Road – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport – Marol Naka – MIDC – SEEPZ – Aarey Depot
- Total Length of the route will be 33 kilometres.
- Total 27 underground stations will be constructed.
- Estimated starting of the project was December 2014.
- Completion Period: 6 Years.
- However, this project is not started yet and it will start soon.
Mumbai Metro Route Map (Line-4)
- Wadala – Ghatkopar – Kasarvadavli Thane.
- Total Length of a route will be 32 kilometres.
- Another information is not declared yet.
Route Stations of Line-5
- Andheri East – Dahisar East.
- Total Length of the route will be 17 kilometres.
- MMRCL will declare more information shortly.
Route Stations of Line-6
- JVLR (Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road) till Kanjurmarg.
- Total Length of a route will be 12 kilometres.
- MMRCL will declare more information in coming days.
Mumbai Metro Route Map
What are your thoughts on this huge amount of urbanisation of Mumbai? Do you think that all these Mumbai metro routes map will help greatly in managing public transport system of Mumbai?